How I will approach our work together
- Substance Use concerns (this includes individuals who may not want life long abstinence but are interested in making changes in use such as moderation or sober curious)
- Substance use focus areas: Alcohol, Cocaine and other substances
- Life Stressers/Transitions such as loss of job, loved one, relationships, just feeling overwhelmed in general with life
- Grief and Loss
- Life Habits/Patterns that lead to decreased personal well-being. We all have patterns and habits but why we do them is not always what we intend. Our brains are built to find the easiest way to make us happy and sometimes what we have taught our brain needs to be unlearned and changed into a new pathway to happiness. These areas include over drinking, internet shopping, social media, over eating just to mention a few.
I strongly believe in providing an open safe space with no judgement to discuss thoughts, feelings and behaviors with the intention of creating opportunities for change. These changes may be practiced and adjusted as needed to find a solution that fits the unique person that is you. If one is trying too make a change and has a slip or as I like to refer to as a "blip in the radar of life". We do not start all over, we look at what we learned with curiosity and we begin again right where we are in our process. This is a shame and blame free environment.
I tend to utilize different aspects of:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Stages of Change ( PreContemplation, Contemplation, Preparation, Action, Maintenance )
- Harm Reduction ( with intention to decrease negative consequences )
- Smart Recovery
Our sessions with be virtual via Doxy.me. It is HIPPA safe and secure. It is free and user friendly.
I accept Self Pay, United, Cigna, Aetna, Optum and Oscar, we can discuss this area as I am utilizing a new platform, Headway, that ensures this process is seamless and simple for both of us.
Session fees $150
I am able to accept payment via credit card, Venmo and Zelle.
I have a 24 hr cancellation window described in the intake form.